- Business analysis
- Project management
IT Assessment - Full Assessment
With an IT staff of two, and all the security, disaster recovery, real-time, analytic, and reporting requirements of firms much larger, executives desired to better understand ways in which IT services can be delivered and optimized.
What We Did
We interviewed the entire company and found most staff satisfied with the technology services being delivered by IT. Upon further research, we also found each business team supporting independent technology initiatives. Creating a Technology Portfolio gave executives an aggregate view of technology usage and spend across the company.
Working with executive sponsors we presented our findings and recommendations to the company's Strategy Team, President, and IT staff.
What We Achieved
- Created an IT Steering Committee helping IT staff set priorities and align technology projects with company goals
- Proposed a firm-wide "business intelligence" initiative designed to give users access to in-house and external data through analysis and reporting tools
- Helped to select a new technology infrastructure partner to provide IT staff with current perspectives and advice on technology
- Explored software maintenance cost savings and elimination of the alternate site disaster recovery strategy
- Tracked all technology initiatives and evaluate technology investment across the company
|Industry:||Financial Services/Mutual Fund|
|Impact:||Identified opportunities for IT to better meet present and future user needs through different and stronger vendor partnerships.|