CSO On Demand
In many organizations the Chief Information Officer fills the role of a Chief Security Officer (CSO) and may become a bit overwhelmed by the rigors demanded to maintain compliance with all the changing compliance regulations and requirements. Perhaps you don’t have the need of a full time CSO.
In most cases the CSO will typically oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups, and will identify security initiatives and standards. Typically the CSO’s responsibilities include;
- Lead operational risk management activities to enhance the value of the company and brand.
- Oversee a network of security directors and vendors who safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems, as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, and more. Information protection responsibilities will include security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness, and more.
- Work with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
Why Harvard Partners?
Many organizations do not have the budget required to support this increasingly important position. That’s where Harvard Partners' CSO On Demand service comes in. We’ll provide you with a Senior Security Specialist with years of CSO history to step in and fill your security needs whether they are short term or for an extended duration. Our senior security personnel have years of experience operating at the CSO level and are prepared to step into any organization and provide CSO level skills immediately.