Director – Global Infrastructure Services
This position is responsible for the management of the Global IT Infrastructure Services group and reports to the Vice President of Information Technology. The objective of this role is to collaborate with users and other IT departments to maintain a reliable computing environment (99.99% system uptime goal), delivering quality processes, controls, and system support to the firm. This requires strong business and technical knowledge, an understanding of various server, storage, and network platforms in use, and the current and future state of the company and the IT industry in general.
Responsibilities include providing strategic direction and end-to-end engineering and operational processes across IT. Providing leadership and being accountable for defining or improving methods for configuration management, incident management, problem management, change management, release management, service level management, availability management, and IT service continuity management are all critical components of this position.
Administrative functions of this position include managing the budget, planning the utilization of resources, and playing an active role in planning the technical direction of the IT infrastructure for the next two to five years. Identifying gaps in methodologies to provide continuous improvement, redundancy, and “Lessons Learned” within the IT department will go a long way toward achieving the goal of 99.99% uptime. Presentations to steering committees and senior staff on topics such as current status, strategic efforts, production enhancements, production support, and environment availability percentages are also required.
Personal characteristics that would contribute to the incumbent’s ability to excel within this position are:
- Prefers a directive leadership style
- Enjoys and is comfortable directing and delegating
- Prefers to work independently with little supervision
- Enjoys and is comfortable presenting ideas to groups
- Adjusts to changing conditions
- Shows self-discipline and conscientiousness needed to meet responsibilities
- Good at setting goals and providing direction
- Good at fostering cooperation amongst subordinates and peers
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of fifteen years, up-through-the-ranks, experience with voice and data networking, systems operations, data centers, servers, storage, client computing, and production control groups
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience having managed a technical operation supporting both transactional and decision support computing resources for a large organization
- Demonstrated management experience of a group consisting of 20+ people including managers, team leaders, and individual contributors spread out across multiple locations
Provide overall recruitment, development, and performance management for all types of individuals
- Proven experience with creating and managing outsourced relationships, both domestic and global
- Experience managing large vendor relationships (EMC, < >, and Microsoft preferred)
Strong contract negotiation skills required, and experience making decisions and recommendations on hardware purchases based upon judgments of necessity and cost striving to increase quality of services while decreasing cost of delivery
- Experience in the design, implementation, and support of high impact, high company investment, and mission-critical projects in unstructured environments
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with others, a demonstrated customer focus, teamwork skills, and a willingness to share technical and business knowledge with team members
- Must have demonstrated the ability to resolve conflict, effectively problem solve, make appropriate decisions, communicate orally and in written form effectively
- Ability to mesh well with existing senior management by being a good listener, team builder and advocate of the IT vision
- Works with senior management to establish strategic direction, operating policies, and to aid in major project planning
- A demonstrated ability to implement processes and standards, and effectively communicate those across an IS organization
- This position will require global travel to other offices
- Knowledge of what it takes to support the global infrastructure for an Investment Management firm would be a plus
Speak with One of Our Experts
Looking for more information that’s relevant to your industry or company size? Get in touch with one of our team members for more information.