Principal Production Support Administrator
We currently have a full time opportunity with our Client in Boston for a Principal Production Support Administrator is primarily responsible for resolving problems in our Client’s investment management production systems as well as monitoring deployment in a heterogeneous Windows and Linux environment. The candidate should have a strong application support or software engineering background as the position requires the ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation. A highly technical candidate is preferred as it relates to the tools, techniques, and methods required to transition from a mostly batch environment to a more real-time, 24×7 operating environment. Project Management experience is needed to be able to manage the process from development through deployment to production. The hours for this role will be Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 8:30pm; with an on call rotation.
- Provide technical support for applications that serve the Investment Management business function.
- Maintain and monitor the operation and integrity of production systems.
- Client management including pro-active communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels.
- Participate in the Incident Management and Problem Management processes. Perform root cause analysis, resolution and reporting.
- Collaborate extensively with peers, Business Analysts, infrastructure teams and other business units to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Support the release management process, ensuring that all production changes and releases of in-house and third party applications are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures.
- Act as a technical liaison with outside vendors. Validate, implement and work with the vendor to debug their code for the systems infrastructure of IT application projects as needed.
- Candidates must have a strong technical background, strong written and oral communication skills, project management skills, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- 10+ years experience in a Software Engineering / Application Support position; 5+ years working with workflow /BPM applications
- Release Management, DevOps and Python experience is required.
- Ability to work off shift hours of approximately 11:30am – 8:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Experience in defining, configuring and optimizing workflow processes
- Common Linux and Windows administration skills
- SQL complex queries; C++, C#/ASP.Net and VBScript/ASP development experience is desirable
- Experience with web applications such as IIS / Apache; File Transfer Protocols – FTP, SFTP, HTTPS
- Experienced in SSIS package and/or Stored Procedure development.
- Experienced with an Enterprise scheduler such as Active Batch, Tidal, etc
- Financial services applications such as: Axioma, HiNet, Latent Zero, trade order management systems, Reuters/Bloomberg data feeds, IBES, BiSam, MarketQA, Charles River preferred.
Speak with One of Our Experts
Looking for more information that’s relevant to your industry or company size? Get in touch with one of our team members for more information.