Project /Service Delivery Manager
The Project/Service Delivery Manager is responsible for business analysis, project management, and solution delivery. This position has two sets of responsibilities, each focused-on delivery. The first is an Infrastructure Project Manager, and the second is the Service Delivery Manager for managed services and project delivery vendors.
The individual in this position will liaise between the broader organization, IT and executive management, and outside vendors. The Project/Service Delivery Manager will direct efforts for documenting requirements, project planning, facilitating design meetings, managing risk, tracking progress, updating status, facilitating resource allocation, coordinating transition to production, and managing project closure.
The ideal candidate will be a strong project manager and have managed project teams comprised mostly of outsourced resources. They will also have had experience working and managing in an environment with managed services providers or have worked as a project manager for a managed services vendor. They must be comfortable working in a dynamic organization with high delivery and quality demands.
- Interface with Executives, IT Management, and End Users to define business, financial, and operational requirements
- Analyze and model existing business processes
- Develop standards and best practices for use across multiple projects
- Manage multiple managed services vendors holding them to agreed-upon SLAs and quality metrics
- Lead definition of scope and objectives for new and requested projects, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Assist with recruiting and managing vendors
- Manage a portfolio of assigned technology projects in conjunction with the organization’s technology and business goals
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget using Project Management deliverables such as project plans, project budgets, status reports, and risk/issue logs
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate to IT management and the IT Steering Committee as needed
- Effectively manage, document, and communicate project risk
- Manage project documentation, agreements, and contracts
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of progressive business systems and project management experience
- Strong project and vendor management skills
- PMP or similar certification strongly preferred
- An understanding of the Investment Management business preferred but not required
- Experience with cloud migrations and management preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication, research, analytic, project management, and documentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent, projects; manage vendors effectively and be responsive to users and IT staff in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Speak with One of Our Experts
Looking for more information that’s relevant to your industry or company size? Get in touch with one of our team members for more information.