We currently have a full time opportunity with our Client in Boston for a Principal Production Support Administrator is primarily responsible for resolving problems in our Client’s investment management production systems as well as monitoring deployment in a heterogeneous Windows and Linux environment. The candidate should have a strong application support or software engineering background as the position requires the ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation. A highly technical candidate is preferred as it relates to the tools, techniques, and methods required to transition from a mostly batch environment to a more real-time, 24×7 operating environment. Project Management experience is needed to be able to manage the process from development through deployment to production. The hours for this role will be Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 8:30pm; with an on call rotation.
- Provide technical support for applications that serve the Investment Management business function.
- Maintain and monitor the operation and integrity of production systems.
- Client management including pro-active communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels.
- Participate in the Incident Management and Problem Management processes. Perform root cause analysis, resolution and reporting.
- Collaborate extensively with peers, Business Analysts, infrastructure teams and other business units to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Support the release management process, ensuring that all production changes and releases of in-house and third party applications are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures.
- Act as a technical liaison with outside vendors. Validate, implement and work with the vendor to debug their code for the systems infrastructure of IT application projects as needed.
- Candidates must have a strong technical background, strong written and oral communication skills, project management skills, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- 10+ years experience in a Software Engineering / Application Support position; 5+ years working with workflow /BPM applications
- Release Management, DevOps and Python experience is required.
- Ability to work off shift hours of approximately 11:30am – 8:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Experience in defining, configuring and optimizing workflow processes
- Common Linux and Windows administration skills
- SQL complex queries; C++, C#/ASP.Net and VBScript/ASP development experience is desirable
- Experience with web applications such as IIS / Apache; File Transfer Protocols – FTP, SFTP, HTTPS
- Experienced in SSIS package and/or Stored Procedure development.
- Experienced with an Enterprise scheduler such as Active Batch, Tidal, etc
- Financial services applications such as: Axioma, HiNet, Latent Zero, trade order management systems, Reuters/Bloomberg data feeds, IBES, BiSam, MarketQA, Charles River preferred.