Batch Programmer Analyst
Our client is looking for a contract Batch Programmer Analyst to assist the IT team in identifying, cataloging, organizing, and remediating PowerShell, Python, and VBScript script files. We expect this project to last 2 – 3 months but the contract might be extended to perform other tasks if the right candidate is found. For the right candidate, this position may be work from home.
We are looking for a person to manage and perform the following tasks:
- Perform Discovery across the following software identifying all batch jobs in the environment (this is a Windows/SQL Server on-prem environment) and create a master spreadsheet or SQL Server database with information about each batch job.
- Windows Task Manager
- Third-Party Batch Scheduler
- SQL Agent/SSIS
- Various job schedulers embedded in third-party applications
- Active Directory
- Write a script to scan, by known extensions, all Windows servers for batch files and create a master spreadsheet or SQL Server database with information about each batch file
- Working with the client staff resolve multiple batch files versions in order to discover the “gold version” of each batch file
- Import the Gold Version of each Batch file into a code repository such as TFS or Git.
- Work with client staff to document the purpose of each script and the inputs and outputs
- Scan scripts and document bad practices (i.e., poor logging, unknown logging locations, use of personal credentials instead of service accounts, hard-coded IP addresses, etc.)
- With approval of the client, fix bad practices found
Education & Experience
- 5+ years as a Windows System Engineer
- 4+ years’ experience with Python (in a Windows environment), PowerShell, and VBScript
- 3+ years’ experience in an enterprise-class IT operations environment with systems analysis/development
- 2+ years SQL Server system management experience (more Windows Server than DBA experience)
- Working knowledge of software repository such as GIT, Maven, TFS etc.
- Working knowledge of batch scheduling tools
- Ability to effectively analyze data and draw conclusions and recommendations
- A self-starter with the ability to work on-site and remote
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills, Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is desired
Speak with One of Our Experts
Looking for more information that’s relevant to your industry or company size? Get in touch with one of our team members for more information.